Nearing its first anniversary (October), Transat Discoveries unveiled its 2012/2013 brochure during a press luncheon yesterday afternoon in Toronto. The new and improved brochure, which will be distributed to Ontario travel agencies beginning in September, features exotic escorted tours in Thailand, Tanzania, South Africa, Laos, Ecuador, Peru, Brazil, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Cambodia, Kenya, Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia and Turkey, as well as packages in Eastern Europe.
The company has also included:
- Fly & Drive tours to explore Iceland and Scandinavia (12 days)
- River cruising in Asia featuring a world-renowned Mekong river cruise
- Add-ons such as mini tours and beach stays, allowing travellers to build their own itinerary.
Some of the new and exciting itineraries highlighted during the presentation included:
- 12-day Colours of Brazil tour, which now includes Iguazu Falls
- 13-day Enchanting Thailand
- 13-day Charming Vietnam
- 16-day Turkey: Ottoman Discoveries tour
- 8-day Johannesburg to Cape Town honeymoon mini tour
Everything in the brochure can be customized, which gives travellers lots of freedom to build their own itineraries. “It is very unique to anything our sister brand (Transat Holidays) is doing,” said Dan Prior, the company’s sales director, when speaking about the Turkey tour. Also unique to Transat Discoveries are its early booking promos:
- Save up to $400 per couple
- Save up to an additional $120 with the repeat traveller discount
- Book before November 30, 2012 to pay half the deposit — $250 instead of $500
Transat Discoveries’ best-selling tours of 2012 included:
- 12-day Magical Morocco
- 13-say Mysteries of Peru
- 12-day Kenya & Tanzania: The Call of the Wild
…each of which remains available in 2013.
Most of these are small exclusive groups — in fact, on some tours the maximum is 10 people, so you really get a personalized experience! I think these are some pretty phenomenal packages, so I’ll be talking about them in greater detail in upcoming posts. Stay tuned for more info!