Buffets, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, frosty beverages, delicacies, desserts …
It sounds delicious! It also sounds like you’ll be busting out of your bikini or banana hammock by the end of the week. Not to worry, there are some things you can do on vacation to help beat the bulge while continuing to indulge. No, I won’t tell you to use the hotel fitness room. You can if you’re in to that. But here are some ideas that are much more fun!
- Embrace your mornings with a solid breakfast. Eating within 1 hour of waking up will help rev your metabolism for the entire day.
- Swim – sounds simple enough, right? Take a couple of laps around the pool while you’re sitting at the swim up bar.
- Walk – you’d be surprised how many extra calories you can burn off without noticing. Walk the beach, walk to the opposite end of the bar, sit at the table farthest from the buffet.
- Eat – what?! Yes, eat. Don’t skip meals, it puts your system into temporary starvation mode and you’ll store more calories than you need to.
- Dance – kick off your heels and put on your dancing shoes. Dancing is a super fun way to burn off that second helping of banana cream pie.
- Cut back the carbs (bagels, muffins, pasta, sugars)- your body naturally burns off carbs first, then fat. When you’re not active enough, the fat doesn’t get burned at all , it gets stored. So when you cut back on the carbs, your body will naturally go to the next source of fuel it can find – the fat.
- Shop – venture out a little to do some shopping. Walking from store to store and trying on clothes burns away those pesky pounds.
- Learn to surf – or try another water sport of your choice – sea-doo riding, para-sailing and windsurfing are all great workouts.
- Take a dive – go snorkelling or scuba diving. Water activities can be the ultimate calorie burners! Think about it, when was the last time you saw a fat fish?
- On that note, take a class. Resorts often feature aqua fit classes. If the water isn’t your thing, try yoga, pilates, or take a hula dancing class.
- Avoid midnight snacking. This one is easier said than done, especially if you’re having some drinks. A night of drinking can give you phantom hunger pangs – the munchies. If you try #4 and cut carbs a little, you’ll fill up on more proteins, which will keep you feeling full longer.
- Try Tabata – the world’s fastest fat-burning workout only takes 4 minutes. It can be difficult to get enthused about working out on vacation. But committing to 4 minutes makes it a helluva lot easier!
- PLAY! Above all else, have some fun play time – play tennis, ping pong, billiards, golf, shuffleboard, etc.
Now we want to hear from you! What are some of your tricks to beating the bulge while continuing to indulge on vacation? Share your ideas with us below. Our bikini bellies thank you in advance 🙂