Last Updated on June 22, 2020 by Amanda Stancati
Written by guest contributor Stacey Martin.
It’s easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of responsibilities and everyday life and even easier to lose touch with what’s most important, our family connections, especially at this time of year as school wraps up, summer camp begins, and summer jobs for the older kids start. Between responsibilities and activities, exhaustion and the feeling of distance, I was feeling disconnected and decided to take my teen daughters on our first mother/daughter trip to the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya in Mexico.
When I began researching resort locations I had a small list of must-haves in mind to make the trip memorable. I admit, my list was long but I wanted our trip to be packed full of memories. I found the Grand Sirenis Hotel & Spa had everything I was looking for, an all-inclusive resort where we would be spoiled with fun and relaxation.
Family-friendly activities at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
Settled among a natural environment full of beautiful scenery, the Grand Sirenis has endless activities to suit all ages. Some of our favourite activities were:
- Foam Party – A foam party with swim-up bar, foam cannon, dance music and blow up slides on Saturday afternoons are a great way for both adults and kids to have fun; the beverages are frosty and the laughs infectious.
- Lazy River – Drift around the river as many times as you like for a relaxing float in the water.
- Beach Days – Play beach volleyball, rent a jet-ski, grab a massage with the sound of the waves as your background music or soak up the sun and ocean air; the beach at Grand Sirenis is loaded with activities. The beach is located along a coral reef; just step off the beach into the water to snorkel among the beautiful marine life but don’t forget your waterproof camera.
- Entertainment – In the evenings, enjoy authentic local music in the lobby and nightly amphitheater entertainment. The production version of Michael Jackson and The Lion King will have you dancing in your seats.
- Sports – For active vacationers, choose between archery, tennis, basketball or a guided bike tour through the resort. Families can enjoy a little friendly competition from time to time with the different activities offered.
- Dolphinarium – Located on-site, the Dolphin Discovery Centre is a short golf cart ride from the main lobby where you can watch a demonstration or take part in a dolphin swim encounter. This was our first dolphin swim and we thought it to be a very thorough and educational experience.
Relax at the Grand Sirenis
For the quieter moments, the Grand Sirenis has a serene environment adorned with pathways where you can retreat to a more secluded spot. Enjoy taking a snooze in a hammock with the sounds of the ocean breeze fluttering through the palm trees or watch the local iguanas take a walk through the sand. These moments spent together bring you back to what vacationing as a family is all about, re-energizing and reconnecting.
If you are considering a family holiday where you can “un-plug”, have fun and relax; the Grand Sirenis Hotel & Spa has everything you are looking for at a price point you can afford.
About This Lil Piglet: With an expanding family, farm and business, exploring became a lifeblood for travel and lifestyle writer, Stacey Martin. A country gal with a sense of adventure, you’ll find Stacey explores her love of farm, food and travel over on her blog, This Lil Piglet.