Last Updated on June 22, 2020 by Laura Cooper
Our travel agent Debbie Maguire recently returned from a week of sun and sand in the Mayan Riviera, Mexico. Debbie stayed at the gorgeous H10 Ocean Turquesa, but made sure to check out other all-inclusive resorts between her scuba lessons to bring you a list of the top four, no matter your interests:
The five-star resort H10 OCEAN TURQUESA is just a quick 20 minute drive from the Cancun airport and Debbie says the resort is a great choice no matter who you’re travelling with: with four sections – each with its own pool – the resort allows those with children to be in a family-friendly area while others may opt for the adult-only area perfect for relaxing.
• 591 rooms
• Rooms include sitting area with couch, table; large balcony; table and chairs; jacuzzi tubs and stand-up showers
• Ample cupboard and drawer space in guestrooms
• Free wifi throughout the whole resort
• Nightly entertainment
• Business centre
• 4 outdoor swimming pools, 1 children’s pool, Jacuzzi
• Babysitter service (additional charge)
• Local market on-site twice weekly with variety of vendors
• Close to Maroma Beach
• Walking paths with covered bridges throughout resort
• Lush vegetation throughout resort site
• Restaurants: Buffet with international cuisine, adult-only oriental restaurant with a la carte service and tepanyaki griddle, Mexican, Italian, American, Caribbean grilled dishes, coffee shop, lobby bar, snack bars at swimming pools, swim-up bars
Good for: People looking for a high-quality brand with a wide focus for a reasonable price.
DREAMS RIVIERA is a four-star resort on the beautiful Cancun beach. A newer resort, Dreams Riviera is a family all-inclusive with a wide-range of activities happening daily, including a full kids club for the children and a beautiful spa for mom and dad.
- 486 rooms
- 3 pools; separate children’s pool
- 7 restaurants, 6 bars
- Wide-range of activities including water and land aerobics, nightly live entertainment, big screen movies on the beach, and beach Olympics.
- Nightly live entertainment and themed nights
- Meeting space with ballroom
- Wellness centre
Good for: People seeking a luxurious family vacation and a range of activities.
For adults looking for an adults-only five-star resort, Blue Bay offers the DIAMOND SUITES GRANDE LUXE. Located closer to the Playa del Carmen, our agent Debbie said the resort is very calming and tranquil with ponds and bridges throughout:
• 128 rooms
• 3 pools
• 4 restaurants, 2 bars
• Large resort: golf carts go by rooms every 10 minutes
• Fitness centre
• Beach butler service
• Nice beach for swimming
• High-speed internet access and wifi
• Complimentary local and long distance telephone calls
• Wine tastings and interactive culinary classes
Good for: People looking for a completely relaxing vacation – the atmosphere of the resort is very quiet and tranquil.
Rounding out Debbie’s tour of Mayan Riviera all inclusive resorts, was the ZOETRY PARAISO DE LA BONITA, one of the closest resorts to the Cancun airport. The Zoetry Paraiso is a five-star luxurious resort offering an adult-only property. The Zoetry Paraiso is part of the AM Resorts chain, allowing guests to dine at other Secrets or Dreams resorts along the beach, though other Dreams/Secrets guests aren’t allowed at this resort.
• 90 suites
• 4 a la carte restaurants, 1 snack bar, 1 bar
• 2 pools
• Fitness centre
• Gourmet dining with organic food and beverage options
• Complimentary cocktails and speciality beverages
• Catamaran sunset sail and shopping excursion to Puerto Morelos by boat
• Exclusive, private chauffeured airport transfers
• Complimentary bottle of tequila upon welcome; fresh bottle of sparkling wine and fruit daily
• Complimentary unlimited worldwide phone calls
Good for: People looking for a luxurious vacation with a number of complimentary services fit for a king or queen.
To learn more about all inclusive resorts in Mayan Riviera, or other locations in Mexico, call 1-800-665-4981 to speak with a travel agent.
hi interested in the price to visit they mayan resorts during january of 2015 please include airflight from toronto, hamilton or buffalo..pricing for one couple..
Hi Brenda, from Toronto we have prices to the Mayan Riviera in January starting at $880, Buffalo starting at $815 and Hamilton starting at $1329. These of course depend on travel dates and hotels; please refer back to our homepage at tripcentral.ca to view our grid to see prices for your specific date and resort needs!