Last Updated on June 22, 2020 by Amanda Stancati
Christi: You do not need reasons to go. Treat yourself liberally.
1. Madonna’s car is there: They have tons of rock star memorabilia at the resort. From quotes above doors and above the beds to drinks named after classic rock bands.
2. The largest casino in the Dominican: When you go to the casino, you get a “players card” with a free $25 per person to gamble. If you are staying on the resort, party away as all your drinks are covered. Make a kissing noise to get the bartender’s attention.
3. White sand beaches. With bars on the beach, palm tree beach umbrellas, and waiters that take your order straight from your beach chair – other than using the bathroom – you have no reason to leave.
4. You can be Presidente. Well, at least you can with their Presidente beer.
5. Pirate Night is a real thing at the Isla Irestaurant on the Hard Rock Resort. They have pirates on stilts, pirates dance fight and a live band. Isla is a restaurant with real Caribbean cuisine. Try their fresh seafood and chicken paya or a lobster cooked fresh in front of you.
6. The sunsets. Sure, the sun sets everywhere in the world. But it feels so much more spectacular after a day of swimming, sunbathing and enjoying Caribbean cuisine.
7. Hospitality is second to none. From check-in to housekeeping, and room service to restaurants, you are treated like royalty. Room service is included in your stay and they bring a flower with your breakfast. A lazy morning is highly recommended.
8. There is a Jacuzzi in your room, just right in front of your private balcony. Before you use your Jacuzzi, make sure you read the sign that says to use 1 bottle of soap or less for bubbles. Do not attempt to use 2 or more. Seriously. Trust me on this one.
9. Choice of restaurants. You don’t ever have to deal with the same old, same old. The Hard Rock Resort has 9 restaurants, 2 deli’s, an ice cream bar, 17 bars and lounges, and room service. On top of that, the casino has a night club (Oro) and a restaurant (the Simon Mansion).
10. Excursions. Choose from snorkeling in the ocean, horseback riding on the beach, ATV on the beach, or spend the day on a catamaran. On the resort, they have a gorgeous golf course and one of the best spas in the Caribbean. These excursions cost extra but you’ll create memories that are priceless.
Overall, the Hard Rock Resort Punta Cana was nothing short of luxurious. I highly recommend calling it home for a week or so. The resort is family-friendly, safe and thoroughly relaxing.
Disclaimer: Don’t go on this adventure if you hate fun, rock and roll, or all inclusive resorts.