It’s that time again! Are you feeling Frisky?
It’s time for the 2nd in our 4-part series covering the vacation sex survey produced by tripcentral.ca and Ipsos Reid. In case you missed part 1, we (tripcentral.ca) commissioned Ipsos Reid to conduct a survey of more than 1,000 Canadian women to find out what makes them tick — to explore the hot buttons around vacation travel purchases, including the importance sex while on vacation plays in the planning, memory and vacation experience itself.
In Part 1 of the vacation sex survey, we talked all about sex outside the hotel room. In Part 2, we explore sex inside the hotel room. We’ll share Part 3 in a few weeks, but for now, let’s delve into Part 2, sex inside the hotel room.
Here are few quick facts to wet your appetite:
- 13% of women 18-24 are turned on by sex sounds from the next room.
- 12% of respondents said they’d confront the couple with a playful, “Sounds like you’re having a nice vacation!”
- 13% of all women admit they are exhibitionists, leaving the curtains/blinds open on purpose while having sex in the hotel room.
“As agents, we’ve heard stories over the years,” said tripcentral.ca President Richard Vanderlubbe. “Some clients are very open about the emotional triggers that drive their vacation planning and so we wanted to explore this a little more.”
“With some leftover marketing research budget, we decided to have a little fun with this survey and ask these unique questions,” he said.
This installment of survey results explores five burning questions. Have you ever…
- Heard the noisy couple having sex in the room next to you?
- Run into the noisy couple the next morning?
- Been interrupted by hotel or cruise ship staff while having sex?
- Left the curtains open while having sex in the hotel room?
- Tried to have sex when sharing a room with family or friends?
Vanderlubbe said, “We did not set out in hopes of contributing to today’s social psychology literature, nor did we have any intention of changing our marketing efforts based on the results. But we do find it interesting – the role sex plays in the vacation experience, right down to the visuals often used in marketing campaigns to promote ‘couples on vacation.’”
Now you can get all the juicy details on the tripcentral.ca website. You’ll also find a summary presentation there, complete with raw data counts that highlight provincial, relationship status and other breakdowns.
And don’t forget the fun Friskometer from Part 1, where you can answer some quick questions to find out just how frisky you are on vacation!
Stay tuned for the next installment of our Vacation Sex Survey results, coming soon!
Press releases are available on the wire here:
Part 1: Sex outside the hotel room: http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1045879/43-of-canadian-women-admit-to-having-sex-outside-the-hotel-room-while-on-vacation
Part 2: Sex inside the hotel room: http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1059293/vacation-sex-survey-part-2-canadian-women-on-sex-sounds-from-the-next-room-and-more